Job Title: USEFM Management Assistant (WAE) – 2 Job Positions
Organisation: United States US Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary: USD $33,685
Open to: U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) – All Agencies
Position Number: Kampala-2020-022-RA2
About US Embassy:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Deborah R. Malac currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Job Summary: The USEFM Management Assistant (WAE) provides full administrative and clerical support to all Embassy sections including filling in for all direct hire/EFM Office Management Specialists during temporary absences/periods of short staffing. Incumbent shall assist in managing special projects including COTELs and POTUS’ and escort pouch when required. Incumbent shall work on temporary basis and supervised by the Management Officer.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates unclassified documents from drafts as well as routine telegrams and outgoing correspondence, with special attention to grammar syntax and spelling.
- Reviews, distributes and files incoming official communications and assorted correspondence.
- Receives and screens telephone calls, visitors, and responds to requests for information, schedules and confirms appointments.
- Typing a variety of documents, placing official calls, screening calls and visitors referring onward as needed, maintaining contacts lists, office files, and office calendar.
- Gathers information for management meetings and reports.
- Ensures that all action cables and correspondence are answered.
- Performs other administrative duties as needed. 50%
Special projects assistance:
- Incumbent shall be called upon to assist manage/provide assistance in CODELs/POTUSs, direct hire EER processes, escort pouch, and arrange travel and any other duties that may be assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The applicants for the United States US Embassy USEFM Management Assistant (WAE) job opportunity should have completed secondary school /High School
- At least two years of administrative or secretarial experience is required.
- Knowledge of correspondence procedures and general customer service is required.
- Knowledge of office protocol matters, logistics and related office requirements is required.
- Proper and efficient secretarial and office management proceduresis required.
- Typing level II (40wpm) is required.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook and Internet is required.
- Ability to work flexible hours is required.
- Must be tactful, possess good judgment and be able to communicate with employees at all levels.
- Ability to accurately proofread written material to eliminate errors, well-organized, ability to meet deadlines and to work in a multi-tasking environment is required.
- Must be eligible to obtain a secret clearance.
- Basic numerical skill is required. This may be tested.
- Language: Level III (good working knowledge) reading/speaking/writing in English is required. This may be tested.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the US mission in Kampala should send their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 30th September 2020