Job Title: WPE Project Officer – Listen Up! (Fresher NGO Jobs)
Organisation: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
Job Summary: The Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) Project Officer will support implementation of a project addressing prevention and response to sexual exploitation and abuse in humanitarian settings. The project has been implemented from September 15, 2018 and runs to September 14, 2021 in Bidibidi Yumbe. The Project Officer will report to the Project Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in annual workshop to design and share learning with all project partners
- Implement listening sessions with women about access to community complaints and SEA reporting and investigations mechanisms
- Participate in trainings on SEA investigation
- Participate in PSEA action group and fulfill activities of action group (including interagency investigations)
- Compile monthly reports on project activities and participate in monthly planning and support calls with WPE TA, ICT Specialist and project lead
- Implement digital element of project alongside digital partner
- Partner with Raising Voices (with regional Gender Equality Advisors’ support) to adapt Get Moving! organizational change approach to address sexual harassment and SEA and support Ugandan WRO to pilot with UN and INGOs
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the International Rescue Committee (IRC) WPE Project Officer – Listen Up! Job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Gender/Women Studies, Public Health, or other appropriate fields
- Any additional studies in Gender, Human Rights and Project Planning and Management is an added advantage
- At least two years’ experience in the field of gender-based violence response, preferably working with refugees or conflict affected populations
- Effective and quality implementation of the Listen Up! Objective which includes proposing innovative ways of amplifying women voices through feedback mechanisms.
- Strong monitoring and evaluation expertise
- GBV practitioner / broader feminist and women’s rights background
- Commitment to gender equality, respect for the Human rights and movement building
- Skills in documentation, presentation (PP) and facilitation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to partnership
- Confident use of excel and strong reporting skills
- Support collaboration with the general WPE unit and other IRC units to integrate PSEA in their programing and project design.
- Desirable, previous experience working on PSEA, conducting investigations, setting up community complaints mechanisms
- Desirable, previous experience with digital, mobile or other use of technology to deliver health, education or protection outcomes for vulnerable populations
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 13th June 2021